Thursday, January 18, 2018

Pregnancy Update #17: 39 Weeks Pregnant with Baby #10



I had contractions for several days quite often after my last doctor's appointment. On Sunday things settled down. By Monday morning I was having nothing. Monday evening we had a snowstorm and I had hours of contractions.


I remembered to get a picture of my pregnant self because you just never know how much longer until baby will come. In this picture I am 38 weeks 4 days pregnant.

Tuesday I had fewer contractions, which was a relief because we were dealing with a lot of snow and yucky roads. I also was very hormonal - weepy. This hasn't happened in months and to be honest it's just a reminder of how all over the place my hormones will be during the postpartum weeks after baby is born. Ugh! What a rollercoaster of craziness that always is.

Wednesday emotions were on a more even keel again and contractions were very few. I even did a bit of snow shoveling (carefully, with breaks, switching off with my hubby while he protested me taking any turns). A few hours later I started feeling it. No, not contractions, just achy muscles that haven't been used that way in ages.

Today is Thursday and I am officially 39 weeks pregnant. At my check up this morning I was still only dilated to 2 cm and was 60% effaced. Blood pressure looks great, I weighed 224 lbs, and everything looks great. My doctor was surprised I was still pregnant. He stripped my membranes again and says he's guessing this baby will come in the next 3 days, but that babies come when they come. He's on call this weekend, which would be great if I do go into labor. I've got an appointment scheduled for next Thursday on my due date. I expect to still be pregnant then, but would love to meet little Rebekah sooner if she's ready.

1 comment:

Please remember to speak kindly. Unkind or inappropriate comments will be quietly deleted.