Thursday, January 4, 2018

Pregnancy Update #15 - A quiet week

It has been a quiet week on the pregnancy front since my last update. Contractions visit. I'm hugely pregnant and enjoying it. I got good news on Tuesday that my Group B Strep results came back negative. That means no need for 4 hours of antibiotics during labor. Yay!

It is starting to feel real that we will have a newborn again soon. I washed baby blankets this week, organized clothes and diapers, and just talked to Miss Rebekah in my belly a lot. The kids get a kick out of seeing my belly moving around or feeling baby hiccups and kicks.

Today I had my 37 week checkup and ultrasound. Everything looks good so far. Baby is still head down and has one foot by her head. According to ultrasound (which can be off by a pound or more) she's weighing 8 lbs. I'm pretty sure that's high.

I gained about a pound this week. I'm measuring 39 weeks along, typical for me. Still just dilated to 1 cm, which is exactly what I expected. I'm going to go right ahead and predict that this sweet baby girl will come at least a couple days after my due date. My babies never seem to be in a hurry to come out.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Tristan...looking forward to seeing photos of your new little one. In the meantime, stay rested my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it's going smoothly and no Strep B to deal with!

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to speak kindly. Unkind or inappropriate comments will be quietly deleted.