Thursday, December 28, 2017

Pregnancy Update #14 - Contractions and Braxton Hicks

Well, that was unexpected. Up to now I've had mild contractions when I've done things like walking all over the grocery store. Not uncomfortable, just noticeable. On Saturday things changed. In came my first day with countable, timeable contractions. Uncomfortable ones. I drank water and laid down for a while and after 1 1/2 hours they spaced out and disappeared, because we don't want to deliver until I'm full term (minimum 37 or 38 weeks, and on this day I was only 35 weeks 3 days).

Sunday morning I woke to consistent, uncomfortable, timeable contractions every 4 minutes lasting a minute long. It went on for four hours! I'm doing my best to stay hydrated and keep an eye on things. I'm still early for labor and my doctor would want to stop labor (I'm 35 weeks 3 days on this particular Sunday). Rebekah is also still breech. We'll see what happens as the week moves forward. I'm really hopeful that my body will do this practice labor pretty regularly for the next few weeks and that when I'm finally closer to delivery day I'll have already done a lot of dilating.

Monday contractions didn't start until lunch time, then happened on and off the rest of the day. Nothing major, definitely just Braxton hicks. Practice! Tuesday was similar, more contractions as the day went on, but very much just practice, nothing to worry about. Wednesday followed the same pattern.

I am feeling better overall energy-wise now that my iron infusions are done and being used by my body. That is really nice.

Thursday (today!) I am officially 36 weeks pregnant. I had my weekly check up at my doctor's office. It was time for my Group B Strep test, results come in a couple days. I'm measuring where I should. I gained no weight this week which is surprising over Christmas, but fine with me. My blood pressure is up for me but still in the normal range (130 over 82 instead of my usual 110 over 62). I'm dilated 1 cm and expect to sit there for the next 3 or 4 weeks.  

I signed the paperwork for a VBAC delivery plan stating I'm aware of the potential risks, so that is in my file. This is my 3rd VBAC and so this is all routine for me and my doctor. He's on vacation next week, so I will see one of the midwives after my ultrasound.

The best news of the day was that baby Rebekah has turned head down! I suspected things were different when I woke up this morning and it's always nice to have it confirmed. I'm praying she stays that way right up to delivery. 

4 comments:

  1. Well, whew! You're sure cool and calm about it all. :) Here's hoping Rebekah stays in the right position for delivery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very glad she turned, praying she stays that way. It won't be long now until that sweet little one is in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful news that Rebekah is head down. My Rebekah didn't turn until 37 weeks. We thought she was going to stay sideways forever. You are doing great. Keep it up, your almost there.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. My oldest was born at 36 weeks 3 days. Perfectly healthy. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to speak kindly. Unkind or inappropriate comments will be quietly deleted.