Thursday, December 14, 2017

Pregnancy Update #12 - Anemia and Iron Infusions

Picture of me taken today at 34 weeks 1 day pregnant.

I left off with week 33 in my last update. Blood work came back Tuesday and my iron is very low, so I will be having IV infusions of iron. My doctor expects me to have 5 infusions over a 2 week period. I got a call that we would begin these right away. A huge blessing - my insurance company is sending a nurse to do the infusions in my home! I don't have to travel an hour each way or find childcare.

My first infusion happened the next day - Wednesday.  It was interesting getting an IV done at home, surrounded by my curious children. The infusion of iron went just fine. I didn't have an allergic reaction (they send an epi-pen along in the large box of supplies and medication).

One down, four to go.

3 comments:

  1. Sheesh! That's just what you needed--more medical stuff to deal with!

    But I am very, very glad they can do it in home, and I hope sincerely that higher iron levels means you'll feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are able to stay at home for the IV treatments. Praying for you.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO sorry you need IV infusions! I took them every couple of months for 14 years, and although they helped with my chronic anemia, it was not fun! Praying this will help prepare you for labor and delivery - it's not that far away! Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to speak kindly. Unkind or inappropriate comments will be quietly deleted.