Monday, February 5, 2018

Pregnancy Update #21 - Induction Tomorrow!

I left off with this post on Friday. Feel free to read it so you know what's going on.

After I posted that I spent Friday having contractions on and off. By bedtime they were pretty uncomfortable but I decided if I could fall asleep then they weren't going to go anywhere. I slept and woke up Saturday morning for a regular day.

Contractions were more scattered during the day Saturday. I did a trip to the store and we spent lots of time as a family at home. We did a few last minute things like double checking that the infant carseat isn't expired, replacing a curtain rod that was bent out of useable shape, and grinding wheat for baking. I made a meal plan and placed an online grocery order that someone will pick up on Monday morning.

Sunday morning dawned snowy and it was finally time to take the whole family to church. Everyone has recovered well from their colds two weeks ago, with a bit of a lingering cough for the asthma kids of course. We were all excited to get out of the house together!

Monday was the day to tie up loose ends. Daddy picked up our grocery order. We made sure the house was cleaned and supplies like diapers and wipes refilled from the stockpile. I double checked my hospital bag contents. We spent one last day as a family of 11, talked about baby Rebekah, made predictions as to what color hair she'll have, and did a lot of drawing projects watching video tutorials from Art for Kids Hub.

I also found out I'm to be at the hospital at 6am tomorrow for my induction. I figure it takes them an hour to get us checked in and my Pitocin started. Then I made the mistake of thinking about just when I might hold this baby girl. If she matches my shortest labor ever (10.5 hours) I still won't be holding her until 5:30pm. And if she falls closer to my longest labor times of 30 and 37 hours it could be sometime Wednesday morning...gulp. I'm not going to think too closely about that right now.

I can't believe we are finally here. I will be 41 weeks 5 days pregnant tomorrow (12 days past my due date). We're going to be back to the newborn stage again one last time. What a gift!

7 comments:

  1. Praying you will have a safe and short delivery and be holding your newest little blessing very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying and thinking good thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for a safe delivery.
    Blrssings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for a quick and safe delivery! Can't wait to see her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurrah!!!!!!!! You're at the hospital as I respond to this post. I'm happy for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying that all goes well and that you will be holding your beautiful baby soon.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to speak kindly. Unkind or inappropriate comments will be quietly deleted.