Friday, May 22, 2020

May 16th to May 22nd

Mason and Samuel using Pokémon cards for a battle.
It is a great way to get them doing math and
problem solving. 

As I was preparing this post, I realized that it basically is a repeat of rain, family time, play, and food. Over and over and over. Such is life sometimes!

Saturday was grocery day, cleaning day, and family day. Wait - every day is family day, right? Oh well, Daddy is home on Saturday, so that makes it special for us.

Sunday we started the great Lego sort. I really don't know what I was thinking. Maybe it was looking at the solid week of rain in the forecast? We are sorting our Lego collection by color, with two bins that are not colors (Minifigures and Bionicle/Hero Factory). I expect this project to take us well into June, and will share photos later on.

Monday it rained. The kids did their summer learning and played.

Tuesday it rained. A lot. We were surprised by friends from church dropping off a box of Lego their now adult son no longer used. It had a lot of pieces from the old Lego Kingdoms series of knights and castles, which made my kids' day. They played all afternoon with the new to them Legos.

There was also a lot of Pokémon battling.

Wednesday it rained some more. The kids started the day playing Pokémon. I started the day baking cinnamon scones with maple glaze. We crafted, played, read, and watched some shows on BYU-TV. There was a lot of Lego building.

Thursday it was still raining. We decided it might be a good idea to start making a boat. It was another day full of family time, and I will be honest, I had to remind myself to be grateful for the continual messes, requests for help, and cooking.

Friday Caleb requested that we pull the rainbow looms out of the attic. It has been months, possibly a year, since anyone has used the looms. Various kids have used them over the last 10 years. Mason asked to learn how to make a bracelet when he saw Caleb working, so he made his first bracelet. I suspect the afternoon will include a mix of rainbow looms, Lego, and Pokémon. I'm hoping to sneak in a few chapters of my newest book!

4 comments:

  1. It's the same here...rain, rain and rain and food. Glad it was a healthy week for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember that last time we saw the sun, so I'm sympathetic to the need to remind oneself to be grateful for daily life. I wish you a joyful Lego sort, lots of new bracelets, and some sunshine and outdoor play!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great summer! We are now officially done with homeschooling until August..

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were drowning in rain all week too. Lego play is always a huge hit. I hope the sun comes our for all of you.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to speak kindly. Unkind or inappropriate comments will be quietly deleted.