|Makayla with her snake Olympia.|
Makayla is almost finished with Biology. 4 days of lessons left. Wednesday she did 4 days of lessons in one day instead of spreading it out over the week. She also spent lots of time with her reptiles and even had them out where siblings could pet them some of the time.
Daniel is doing much better with long division. Thank goodness! I don't know why long division throws kids for such a loop but I am always grateful when they figure it out.
Oliver is still reading Grasshopper on the Road. I want to pull him into All About Reading level 2 lessons again but he wants to finish this book first, so that's what we're doing. I think he'll be able to fly through a number of lessons when we do. Reading aloud to me for a month from regular books has done a lot for his reading fluency.
Caleb is happily reading CVC words to me every day using AAR level 1. This week he had an activity with gifts on one side of a paper and words on the backs. He would choose a gift, decide who he was giving it to, and read the words to see what they got. There were things like a wet map and a red hen.
Joseph is happily reading the third book in the Ranger's Apprentice series. I asked if he liked it and he said, "Yes. No. It's complicated, Mom. A little stressful right now."
Samuel's potty training has been pretty easy. He pees in the toilet with only an occasional accident. He pooped in the toilet for the first time today, so we're well on the road to being finished.
|Emma's first drawings of Tinkerbell|
Emma has been drawing a lot this week. When she was home sick from church a sweet friend named Eden sent home a drawing book for Emma to use. Tinkerbell was the first one she tried from the book.
Mason has been building with Legos a lot this week. He's creating weapons and contraptions with long, involved explanations of what they do.
Tobias has been sick all week. Clingy. Usually whining too. But always cute.
|Tobias is literally holding my leg while I try to do other things.|
|The new bunk.|
Books I Read This Week:
- North and South - I'm still listening to this one.
- Brentwood's Ward by Michelle Griep - Finished. This one was good! Bow Street Runner hired as temporary guardian of a spoiled young woman, mystery, murder, and a change of heart or two.
- The Healer's Apprentice by Melanie Dickerson - Finished. This is the first in her series of fairy tale retellings. It is the story of Sleeping Beauty.
- The Merchant's Daughter by Melanie Dickerson - Finished. Book two in the fairy tale series. This one retells the story of Beauty and the Beast.
- The Fairest Beauty by Melanie Dickerson - Still reading. Book three in the fairy tale series. This is the retelling of Snow White.