Tuesday, June 1, 2021

May 22 - May 31: Finishing May

Water Play outside

 The weekend was a large helping of running errands and a dash of family time. Sunday we had another day of church in person, and yet again, I was grateful for the lack of meltdowns by my little kids. I really had no idea how Rebekah would do when we started back in person for Sacrament meeting, because she was not quite 2 years old when church closed because of COVID. She's still figuring out whispering, but she's been a champ at staying relatively quiet and not trying to run around. It makes me so happy to be there with familiar and new faces to sing and partake of the sacrament together. 

Monday we dropped Makayla's car off at the mechanic, had a contractor come get details of the work we want done in the bathroom and a few other smaller projects, and did a family project with the boys going through their personal bins of toys and things. It never ceases to amaze me how many random bits of paper they toss in their bin instead of taking a minute to throw them away! 

More Water Play

This week on our meal plan we ended up with several new recipes, all from the Six Sisters Stuff website. I will link them as we do them. Tonight was the first one, Instant Pot Easy Sesame Chicken. Everyone tried it, and had very strong opinions as to whether they liked it or not. I felt like it needed a bit less of something in the sauce, probably less soy sauce. 

Tuesday was an ice cream adventure day. It was hot (90F) and a reminder that summer is nearly here. Spring is never long enough for me! 

Wednesday's lunch was another of the new to us recipes: Instant Pot Chicken Gyros. This one was delicious. I even made the homemade tzatziki sauce in the recipe. The only change to the gyros recipe I made was skipping the onions, because I wanted my kids to try this, and chopped onions would be an instant no from most of them. 

Thursday the washer started making unexpected noises. Unfortunately, as a family of 12, we wear out appliances faster than a smaller family, because we use them three times as much. I called the repair man, who won't be here until late next week. 

Reading

Friday the washer stopped spinning all the water out of clothing. So now I'm wringing them out by hand before popping them into the dryer. I will have to do smaller loads than usual so they dry easier. I'm hoping the repair is the same part we needed replaced once before on this washer - of course it is no longer under warranty. Dinner on Friday was another new to us recipe: Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp over Angel Hair Pasta. A couple of the kids liked it, a couple didn't, and a couple refused to even try the shrimp. Pretty typical for a new recipe attempt here!

The weekend was family time, including a cookout with extended family. Lots of laughs and fun!

3 comments:

  1. Appliances just aren't made as well as they used to be. I hope it's an easy/inexpensive fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugg! Washers can be such a pain. My husband has had to replace so many parts on our 10 year old set. Thankfully, Youtube instructions have saved us every time. I hope it is an easy fix.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Your washer, my dryer!! It's true, we do wear out appliances so much faster than most people. However, after 4 days without a dryer, the new parts arrived, and my husband was able to fix the dryer better than it was before.

    But my kitchen stove top blew up in a grand show of electrical fireworks this week, too! :)

    *sigh*

    Here's to many more ice cream days as the summer goes along.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to speak kindly. Unkind or inappropriate comments will be quietly deleted.