Monday, July 27, 2020

Notes for July 18th - July 24th



Saturday morning kicked off with a trip to the mechanic to drop off one vehicle in need of help with the air conditioner. I had a 2 hour training meeting for seminary. The kids played games. In the late afternoon we packed everyone up and headed to the pool to cool off (93F outside today). By the time we came home it was after dinner hour. Kids ate, Rebekah took a way too late nap, and I went grocery shopping. 

Sunday we had home church together as usual. We had a good lesson involving rocks, rice, and a jar, made a mess, and hopefully everyone got something out of it. In the afternoon we baked cinnamon rolls for dinner. 

Monday a couple people had dental cleanings during the morning. In the late afternoon we were able to pick up our car, with a working air conditioner. I worked on some more seminary training modules on CANVAS. We had a lot of family time in the evening. 

Tuesday my husband and my oldest were at work. The other 9 kids and I headed into the back yard right after breakfast for 7 haircuts. I don't enjoy cutting hair, it is itchy, messy, and takes a while to cut that many heads. But it saves money, and my kids don't mind my basic cutting skills. As the morning heated up we went back inside, showered everyone, and got to work on our daily charts. In the early afternoon Emma made magic cookie bars. I made the first trip inside our library since March and brought home a big stack of books, which ensured a peaceful hour for me when I got home, because kids grabbed books and snuggled down to read. 

Wednesday the magic of magnetic tiles was back. Kids were building ships and towers, making patterns on the side of the freezer, and exploring geometry with them. 

Thursday was a stormy day. I spent a chunk of the morning organizing school materials. That included putting science units in binders ready to use, checking page counts on books my teens and I will read and figuring out how many pages per week to read each book in its month, and starting to refresh myself on Geometry, since I haven't taught it since Makayla's high school years.

Friday is here at last! We've had a peaceful day with chores, projects, learning, and family time. I was going to publish this post, but for some reason I can't upload pictures. I'll try to figure that out this weekend.
 
Hmm, it is Monday and I've not been able to upload pictures without an error. As we are about to begin school (1 week!) and there are a lot of other things going on, like a visit from an out of state aunt this week, I'm just going to hit publish with no pictures for this post. Happy Monday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Here's hoping the picture situation gets resolved! We're knee-deep in preparations for the new school year here, too. I did the same page-counting activity for my Belle. :)

    I don't have 7 boys who need haircuts, but I do understand the at-home hair cutting mess. Mine are due soon.

    I hope your visit with family is super fun!

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to speak kindly. Unkind or inappropriate comments will be quietly deleted.