Monday, November 26, 2018

2018-2019 Homeschool Week 14 and 15



Saturday the 10th was date day at the temple with my husband. I love the peace I feel there. Being able to enjoy a long drive there and back talking with just my husband is another big perk. No kids to interrupt us!

Sometimes it is the little things that make a homeschool week special. For my kids in week 14 that was waking up Monday to the announcement that there would be no math this week. I really didn't want to take a complete school break this week, so dropping everyone's least favorite subject was the next best choice. Everything else went on as usual. Makayla spent the week writing a bunch of college essays for applications while also keeping up on her NaNoWriMo project (National Novel Writing Month).

We had our first winter storm on Thursday. Overnight everything was coated in 1/4" of ice. Then it rained for 8 hours or so. In the evening the rain switched over to snow, but didn't really do more than a dusting.


Friday there was much celebrating because once school was done for the day we were on Thanksgiving break. Week 15 was an entire week off! The weekend was a blur of family time and church. The week had more dentist appointments, finishing two college applications for Makayla, helping friends who are moving clean their new house, decorating with friends for a wedding reception, making turkey artwork with the several of the kids, cooking and hosting Thanksgiving, going to see the courthouse lights turned on for Christmas, visiting Makayla's work for treats at the lighting, and attending a wedding reception (and getting to be cleanup help after).

Painted paper gratitude feathers
made into a turkey

Somewhere in there I was supposed to print and prep things for the next 6 weeks of school. My printer decided to spend it's Thanksgiving break not speaking to my computer, so printing didn't happen until Sunday evening, but it did happen.

Rebekah also decided this week to start walking 4-5 steps at a time. She may only be 9 months old but she is in a hurry to master some of these milestones. I don't have a good picture of that because I'm trying to just enjoy every moment! I will see if I can remember to pull out my camera this week to snap some pictures of her walking.

1 comment:

  1. Whew! Early walker!!! Babies that walk early are super-duper cute, but I'm glad that most of mine were later. :)

    Sounds like a typically busy couple of weeks for you all. It makes me laugh that most of your kids in the picture with the gratitude turkey look solemn.

    I understand ice storms! I'm sorry you all had one, but perhaps the rain helped melt it a little? We got 6 inches of snow in a single afternoon on Sunday! That's more snow than we got all winter last year, and church was actually cancelled because visibility was nil.

    And I'm super glad your printer decided to resume conversations with your computer on Sunday night--talk about the 11th hour!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to speak kindly. Unkind or inappropriate comments will be quietly deleted.