Friday, November 3, 2017

Pregnancy Update #10: Weeks 26-28

It has been a quiet three weeks. I'm growing, baby is growing. She likes to turn head up or sideways pretty often. My sciatic nerve has been decently good for the last three weeks which I am very grateful for. I'm still tired and hoping for a nap each day. My bladder is feeling crunched and I visit the bathroom frequently. Way too frequently. Heartburn is a daily companion. Yuck.

I had a doctor's appointment on Thursday. I'm 28 weeks pregnant. I weighed 215 lbs for a gain of 5 pounds since my last visit. My appointments will now happen every 2 weeks for a while, then we're at weekly appointments until this sweet girl arrives. It's flying past so quickly! At my appointment I also did the gestational diabetes test, which I passed for the 10th time. I got a Rhogam shot because of my RH negative blood type. I also found out my iron is low, so I'm starting treatment for that in the hopes of getting my iron level higher before delivery.

This Saturday a sweet friend from church is throwing me a baby shower, with help from my mom and sister. I'm feeling pretty blessed just that she thought of it! It has been twelve years next month since I had a little girl baby. We have long since passed along baby girl clothes to others, and worn out the rest of the baby clothes with all those boys. The best part will just be visiting with others who love me and want to celebrate this sweet little baby joining our family.

3 comments:

  1. Good news all around! Enjoy your baby shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great news. I am so glad someone is throwing you a baby shower. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for new baby gear! Honestly, I'm glad for you (and that lucky baby!) and still feeling melancholy for myself--wishing I were having the same anticipation. A new baby girl! Could there be a lovelier gift?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to speak kindly. Unkind or inappropriate comments will be quietly deleted.