Thursday, October 12, 2017

Pregnancy Update #9 - Weeks 21 through 25

21 weeks - Lots of tailbone pain this week. I've had a broken tailbone a couple times in the past so tailbone pain during pregnancy isn't unexpected for me, this is just starting earlier than usual. It makes it hard to walk much, sit for long, or lift and carry Mason. I've had the occasional bout of heartburn. They're pretty much my own fault - I'll eat and then forget that laying down is a bad idea until things digest. The laying down is happening fairly often again because I'm tired. I need regular naps! They're hard to come by but I'm making an effort.

22 weeks - Tailbone pain has been better this week but heartburn has been a more frequent visitor. I'm trying to remember to eat smaller amounts and spread my drinking liquids out over the day instead of guzzling a lot at a time. Baby girl is moving around often.

Something new I haven't mentioned yet - my feet have changed sizes! I noticed over the last month or so that when I wear my tennis shoes they're too tight, even in the morning when I haven't been on my feet all day. I finally gave in a used a coupon at Payless shoes to buy a new pair of tennis shoes. I have no idea if my feet will go back to their old size after this pregnancy, we'll see.

Weeks 23 and 24 - Heartburn is a regular visitor when I lay down at night. Or for a nap during the day. I'm having some aches and pains with my sciatic nerve, pubic bone, and tailbone. It's all part and parcel of pregnancy, just showing up earlier than usual. Baby is active and growing.

Today I had my second doctor's appointment. I am 25 weeks along in this pregnancy. I had an ultrasound to do measurements of baby and check to see what is going on with my partial placenta previa. Happily everything looks good. Baby girl is measuring about 1 pound 13 ounces, all organs look good. My placenta has moved up and out of the way, so I am cleared to have a vaginal birth. This will be my 3rd VBAC. I'm measuring on target and gained 7 lbs since my last appointment. Baby was breech today, with her head up behind my belly button and her hands, arms, and feet up by her face.

The crazy thing is I've already reached the point where my appointments start getting closer together! I go back in 3 weeks, then will go back every 2 weeks for 4 appointments, then it is every week until baby arrives.

3 comments:

  1. It's all so exciting! I wish you less pain and satisfying naps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!!! I'm living vicariously through you, since it looks like the Lord is done sending us babies. Congratulations!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to read that your placenta moved up. Take it easy on yourself - hate to say it, but you are older, so pamper yourself! I can't hear you now, "What? When? How?" Well, just find a way, for the sake of the baby. You want to be in the best shape afterward for her, too, right?

    I don't mean to preach, so I'll just way I'm praying for you that you continue to have a healthy pregnancy, that you get some relief from having heartburn and that your feet don't swell more than they have.

    I also highly recommend the book: Essential Exercises for the Childbearing Year. It's great for women at any time in their life, not just during pregnancy and afterward, but I think you'll find this simple book very helpful. If you don't want to buy it, your library might have an interlibrary lending program.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to speak kindly. Unkind or inappropriate comments will be quietly deleted.