Friday, May 21, 2021

May 1- May 21: Summer Break Begins


The first half of the month felt like pure anticipation! We were waiting for Makayla to come home from college for the summer. She arrived the evening before Mother's Day, so we were able to attend church in person as a family for Mother's Day. We were waiting for the end of our seminary year. I made it through teaching 11 teens over Zoom in the 6am hour for an entire school year. We were waiting for the end of our homeschool year. We finished up on Thursday May 13th. It was a great year! Everyone learned a lot, made progress in different skills, and found new interests along the way. I now have a college junior (Makayla), and kids in the following grades:

  • 11th
  • 10th
  • 8th
  • 7th
  • 5th
  • 4th
  • 3rd
  • Kindergarten
  • Preschool
We have spent the week since our last day of school relaxing. 

Well, not really. 

Actually, we kicked off our summer break with injuries.



Friday the 14th Daniel had a biking accident and gouged a really bad wound into one leg. A trip to the urgent care to clean it out some, and now we're doing wound care a couple times a day for this open wound that needs to heal from the inside, out. By Sunday he was getting an infection, so we had a trip to the Emergency room to get antibiotics. 


Of course, I had been the the ER the day before, on Saturday, as well. The day after Daniel's bike accident, Samuel fell off a swing and opened up his chin on some concrete. Twelve stitches later, he's recovering. 


I had x-rays on my foot this week, too. It has been 15 weeks since I broke my foot, and it is still broken, but healing more. I'm to continue using the bone stimulator and we will check in again with x-rays in June. 


Phew! After writing four posts today, this blog is finally caught up from early March. Thank goodness for a journal that helped me remember some of what we've done in those months without posts. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad your girl made it home for Mother's Day. The boys had a rough start of break, but I'm sure they'll calm down...right? (grins) I hope your foot starts to improve a little more quickly, but at least it's headed in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They now laughingly tell each other 'mom's not going to take anyone to the hospital if we do this, right?'. Boys!

      Delete
  2. What a huge journey with your foot. I hope progress continues. So nice to catch up.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheesh! 15 weeks and still healing!?!?! I will make a point of including you in our prayers this week. I hope you all have a good summer together. My Belle is going to apply to SVU for a Fall 2022 start. I wonder if she and Makayla will cross paths then. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, they might! She will be a senior that year, but it looks like she will only be there for Fall semester before she graduates, if classes continue to go well. She has LOVED it there. Such a great experience for her.

      Delete

Please remember to speak kindly. Unkind or inappropriate comments will be quietly deleted.