Friday, June 12, 2020

June 6th - June 12th Notes

Rebekah grabs a timer and a book
to read most days. Why? Because
that is what she sees all her 
siblings do. Example is so
powerful!


Saturday was grocery shopping day. Our local stores are pretty well stocked at this point. There are random items still out of stock, or low. The stores all have purchasing limits on a variety of items. That makes it very difficult to buy enough food or supplies for a family of 12! A few examples I saw today:

  • 1 pack of chicken, pork or beef at one store
  • 2 packs of chicken, pork, or beef at two different stores
  • Limit 2 on butter, milk
  • Limit 1 on toilet paper 
A few other things from our day: the kids played their weekly 30 minutes of video games, my husband took an exam and worked on school work, my brother-in-law helped Jason recharge the A/C in the car, we cleaned the house, grilled burgers and hot dogs for lunch, and went through 2 lbs of strawberries, 2 lbs of grapes, a couple zuccinni, a green pepper, salad, 2 lbs of apples, 2 loaves of bread, a gallon of milk, 1 lb of pasta, a bag of chips, a bag of pretzels, 1/2 a jar of pickles, and part of a gallon of ice cream over the course of the day. 

Sunday we had home church in the morning. I'm really going to miss this when we are able to go back to church! Jason spent a chunk of the afternoon replacing the kitchen faucet. 

Monday morning Mason and I headed out the door at 8am for an hour drive to his eye surgeon's office and pick up his new glasses. They are the exact same style as his last ones, with slight different colors for the paint splatter design. Daddy held down the fort at home. 

Tuesday Grandma spent the morning with kids while Mason and I headed to the hospital for his yearly bone density check. He has osteopenia, which is osteoporosis for kids. Each year we check his bone density and do an IV infusion of medications to help. (In the beginning he did the infusions every 3 months.) After reading the DEXA scan today and comparing it to his prior numbers, we were able to skip the IV infusion this year. We are hoping that an every other year infusion will be enough to maintain his bone density until he is in his teens. 

The rest of Tuesday was pretty typical of our summer days. Family time. Play. Cooking. Cleaning. 

Wednesday was my 20th wedding anniversary. I've officially been married for more than half my life. For those who may be new, my husband and I have a bit of a fun story. We met when I was 18 and he was 21. Three weeks later we were engaged. It felt right, but looking back now as a mother, I can't imagine what I would have said if my daughter told me she was getting married to a guy she had only known for 3 weeks. Marriage is hard work, but it is so rewarding! 

My husband spent our anniversary working, while I held down the home fort. I decided it was also a great day to officially potty train my 10th child, Rebekah. Rebekah has been choosing to use the toilet pretty regularly for the last several months of quarantine. Sometimes her diaper is wet, sometimes it is dry. She is still wet overnight, so she will continue to wear a diaper to bed. But during the day she's now in underwear. We set a timer that rings every 45 minutes to remind us she needs to visit the bathroom. She does still need to learn to poop on the toilet, but she'll get there. End of Day 1 Potty Training Report: Rebekah had 2 pee accidents, and used the toilet the rest of the time.

Thursday we spent a couple hours outside in the morning enjoying cool weather. We moved inside as it warmed up and played games, read books, and just relaxed. Rebekah had one accident when she fell asleep for a nap. 

Friday started with taking Makayla (on her birthday! My oldest is 19!)to work because I needed a vehicle. Not too far into the morning was a dentist visit for Caleb to pull a baby molar that needed out. Rebekah informed me she doesn't want to use the potty today. Considering she's only a young 2, I'm okay with that. She's a really forceful girl, sure of her opinions, and a battle over the toilet isn't worth it right now. 

Right now it is early afternoon and the kids are playing Minecraft together. I've got a special dinner request to put together for the birthday girl, so I'm hitting publish on this post. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a productive week! Happy belated birthday to Makayla and happy anniversary to you and the hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary to you, and happy birthday to your girl! I'm glad Mason's bones are holding steady right now. How nice to have good news! I will miss church at home, too. Rumor has it that our area will be meeting for the sacrament fairly soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice week. I am glad that potty training is going so well. It helps to wait until the child is ready like you did.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to speak kindly. Unkind or inappropriate comments will be quietly deleted.